For the last pre-season game, for those that watched, witnessed the unusual tie at 20-20. You also would have noticed a few position battles at RB, QB, WR, DB and on the defensive line.
The run game
Throughout the football game, we had two running backs in the game. John Crockett (#35) for the first half and Dalton Crossan (#30) for the second half.
With the two backs splitting time at the position, they combined for a total of 103 all-purpose yards on 16 touches.
- John Crockett, 4 carries for 14 yards, 4 catches for 38 yards.
- Dalton Crossan, 7 carries for 34 yards along with 1 catch for 17 yards.
This season will all depend on touches that the backs get, with Mossis Madu and John Crockett probable starters in the position, they don’t always make the big plays. When we have the backs in the game we’ve got to give them the ball early, therefore once they get it about the 5th carry they’ll be heated and ready to make a big play.
Pass Catchers Galore
This off-season we lost Trevor Harris, our starting QB, now we’re mixing through some CFL backups. But this is a perfect year for a new Quarterback, because with all these great recievers, nobody should be worried about how experienced our QBs are.
This pre-season, there has been a few slot backs/receivers that have caught an eye or two by the fans, here is a list of them with their combined pre-season stats.
Stats *= fighting for spot on roster
- Nate Behar, 5 catches for 33 yards.
- Jacob Scarfone* 8 catches for 82 yards.
- DeVonte Dedmon*, 2 catches for 51 yards, 3 kick returns for 157 yards and 2 punt returns for 23 yards.
- Ryan Lankford, 4 catches for 74 yards, 5 punt returns for 50 yards and 2 kick returns for 46 yards.
- Caleb Holley, 3 catches for 120 yards.
- R.J Harris, 2 catches for 30 yards.
- Dom Rhymes, 2 catches for 25 yards.
- Tyrone Pierre*, 2 catches for 17 yards.
- Guillermo Villalbos*, 3 catches for 28 yards.
- Marco Dubois 4 catches for 45 yards.
Top 10 players
- Jacob Scarfone, 7 catches for 75 yards (26 yard long)
- Will Arndt, 16/23 184 yards 1 interception and a 1 yard QB sneak TD
- John Crockett 4 rushes for 14 yards and 4 catches for 38 yards
- Ranthony Texada, 3 defensive tackles and 1 interception
- Danny Collins, 12/20 120 yards 1 interception
- DeAndre Montgomery, 5 defensive tackles
- Dalton Crossan, 7 rushes for 34 yards and 1 catch for 17 yards
- Randall Evans, 1 defensive tackle, 2 special teams tackles, 1 sack and a forced fumble
- Jonathan Newsome, 3 defensive tackles and 1 fumble recovery for a TD
- Marco Dubois, 4 catches for 49 yards (30 yard long)
With the CFL having their cutdown day this Saturday, there will be multiple transactions today and tomorrow, so stay up to date by reaching this page, or 3downnation.com